Musical Instruments

Research has shown that playing a musical instrument can help nourish, cultivate, and increase intelligence in children, but playing a used instrument also can pose a potentially dangerous health risk.  Used woodwind and brass instruments were found to be heavily contaminated with a variety of bacteria and fungi.  This could lead to minor or serious infections or allergic diseases.  These instruments are a breeding ground for bacteria, and considering how much contact they have with your child’s mouth, they can be dangerous.  Studies have also linked the instruments with mold, yeast, and other bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics.  It is very important to keep these instruments as clean as possible.  Clean them after every use, and before playing them if they have been sitting for a long time.  Make sure your children know not to share their instruments with other children and to look into special wipes and sprays for their use.

 

To learn more visit http://www.tupelosmiles.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,